Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Paula Scher

After two long years of core curriculum classes and nearly another two years of courses for my major and minor, I’ve finally managed to squeeze an elective into my schedule. This semester I began studying graphic design, which is something I’ve always been interested in, but never studied formally. Touches of graphic design are everywhere, and if you look closely enough, you’ll start becoming aware of them. A lot of design principles seem abstract, but they make a lot of sense when applied to everyday use.

My professor showed me this video of Paula Scher, who is an extremely successful graphic designer. She’s done a lot of work in New York City, particularly with a certain landmark that most Fordham students should be familiar with. Check it out!

No comments: